Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Heirloom Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts Festival

October 18-19th, 2008 was the Fort Wayne Rubber Stamp and Paper Arts Festival at the Coliseum here in Fort Wayne, IN. I was really excited to go because I heard good things about the festival and also heard that they have an ATC swap that you could participate in. So I made only a few ATCs--a dozen that had fun little fairies and papers made from watercolored book pages and met up with friends to go.
It turns out the festival is really just a rubber stamp convention pretty much but I ended up having a lot of fun and got a couple of stamps and a lot of fun ideas for ATCs. This is one example from a place called Starving Artist Stamps--they have these great stamps that you can use to make mosaic looking images--it was awesome! Lesley and I ended up standing around watching for a few minutes because we just couldn't understand how it worked. It's so awesome though and I totally want to buy a stamp and try it out at my house! The picture below this gives examples of them--click on it to enlarge it and see how cool they really are!
I did buy this stamp while I was at the festival--it's an apron stamp and I have so many cute ideas that I want to try with it and see if they work out! Plus I love the card they made with it! It says, "Don't make me have to poison your food." I love that!
This was another cool idea--a lady used stamps and also some course brushes and painters tape to make these fun little cards. I really wish that I could just whip things up like they do--it's so awesome to see the people at these fairs and see what they can do--although I might not really want to do the same thing, it still gave me a lot of great ideas!
Here are some more ideas. Lots of them! Apparently the new thing is making your own cards. I thought there might be tons of scrapbookers--there were a few, but mostly these people were making their own cards and buying tons of fun stuff to do it with!

1 comment:

Stephanie O' said...

Ooooh, these are all really neat!!! How fun and creative!