Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What do you get to see at James Dean Festival?

Every year since I was in college at Ball State I've been going to the James Dean Festival in Fairmount, Indiana (James Dean's boyhood home!). It's so much fun and I love going! It's just a small town festival that has carnival rides, greasy food, a giant car show, and of course any kind of James Dean Memorabilia that you could ever want! So, what might you see at this particular festival.... well possibly some of these things:


Beautiful old cars--spanning many years--most of which are chromed up and polished until you can hardly see anything but the sun glaring off of them--gorgeous!!!


50's clothing and rockabilly wear--my favorite part of the festival! I love this shirt that is made by a guy named Lenny who used to make them in the basement in Fairmount. I heard he works out of New York or somewhere now, but I'm not really sure. The one thing I do know for sure is he had some he had made using old bedsheets with Waldo (from Wear's Waldo) on them. It was hilarious! I love a guy who comes up with those ideas and I love a guy who would feel comfortable wearing them around!!!!

You might see a great rockabilly band like this one: Mandy Marie and the Cool Hand Lukes! They were great! They are a rockabilly band from Indianapolis, Indiana and if you get the chance to see them definitely do it! Mandy Marie has a great voice, plus I love that's not a size two! She's so beautiful!!! And those Cool Hand Luke's are pretty cute if I do say so myself!

You might also see something like this: smiling faces! These two girls were definitely enjoying the day! 12 hours in small town America at the most fun festival of the season! Hooray!

No comments: