Friday, September 26, 2008

Homemade checkbook cover

I was using a wallet with a checkbook holder in it--but it was so large and bulky that it was driving me crazy trying to put it back in my purse every time I got my wallet out. I was going to use the one they give you for free, but I think I threw it away awhile ago when I got the other wallet. So I decided to search for a way to make my own. I was going to sew one--but I don't have a good relationship with my sewing machine, so I decided to make one the easy way--with tape and the sunday comics! And voila! Behold my fun/funny creation:

This is the detail from the front cover--it's kind of blurry, but I love that comic!
This is the comic I put in the middle to use as a divider for the duplicate checks. (Crappy picture again! Sorry! Originally it was full sized and showed the checkbook too, but then I realized you could see my check numbers and I had to crop it!)
So, what do you think? It's kind of fun and funky and fits me and my personality well I think!

No comments: