Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving--in Retrospect

For Thanksgiving this year I decided to make dinner for my parents and myself. Plus two happy little dogs who hid under the table eagerly awaiting scraps!
It turned out wonderfully--well, almost. First there was the crockpot turkey--good but oddly enough not that moist, but the flavor was even better when I used the leftovers to make turkey and homemade noodle soup. Then there was the array of
comfort foods: Sweet potatoe casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, salad, cranberry salad (purchased by my mom from a place in Waynedale and it's really pretty good), mashed potatoes and gravy too.


Then there was this:
Yeah, it looks good, but it's really not that good in general!
It was a pumpkin cheesecake and it never really set up that well.
It looked lovely, but honestly the taste was just kind of lacking something... maybe
it really needed more actual cream cheese.
It was my first time to use a springform pan though and it turned out pretty--although the butter cooked out of the crust and just kind of burned on the bottom of my oven. Argh!
Cheesecake: 1, Michelle: 0
Oh, and the other problem that I had was the deviled eggs!
They tasted great, but dang if they weren't the most impossible thing to peel!!!
Michelle: 1, Deviled Eggs: 1
(That's a tie!)
Oh, but the piece de resistance:
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
(in a store bought crust)
The most yummy thing of all!!!
And let me just say that I think I ate all of it myself basically!
Yummy, yummy, yum!

1 comment:

Stephanie O' said...

Oooo! I tried to make homemade pumpkin pie once and I think I made it before I had to go into work and it didn't cook in time so I had to turn the oven off and then it just didn't set right. That was my last attempt.