It is currently December 6th, 2008 and I am going to list 6 things that I'm thankful for:
1. Being inside today since the weather is nice and snowy! It's so pretty to look at from the inside and it makes me thankful that I have a house and a nice warm place to be today instead of being without a home or heat--I'm really thankful for that!
2. Children who say the silliest things that make you laugh and smile! Like the kid who wanted to wash a real dinosaur so it wouldn't be "stinked" anymore and a kid at the library who is from another country and tried writting the words "I like you" but instead wrote "I live yes".
3. Subway! They have great cookies! And the sandwiches aren't bad either! Today I splurged and bought myself lunch since I had to work on the south side and the weather wasn't very nice--and it was worth it! It's so nice to treat yourself to something normal that makes the day feel better than normal!
4. Mail from friends or family! I am so excited when I get mail or email from people who I don't see every day--I'm also excited when I do get email from anyone but honestly snail mail is always much more fun to recieve!
5. Books. I work at a library--this should be a given. But I really have to say that I love reading!!! I'm so excited that tonight I'm going to go home and put on an apron, make dinner, bake some treats for my swap tomorrow and then read a book curled up on the couch with my dog. Should be perfect! I might even leave the window blinds open and turn on only the Christmas lights so that it's nice and dark and I can see the snow falling outside! Sounds heavenly to me!
6. New Recipes! I look forward to trying new recipes and tonight I have one set out to make for the party I'm cohosting tomorrow. I can't wait to try it. I hope it turns out fantastic!!! And I also can't wait to try another recipe that I found online recently for some Cranberry and Orange cookies. They sound great to me! So do scones--does anyone else just really want a scone sometimes? :o)
Best Wishes everyone who might see this! I wish you well and can't wait to come and post some pictures from the ornament swap next week!!! Woohoo!!!