Thursday, October 16, 2008

Apron Christening!

My mother and I went to the Kendallville, Indiana Apple Festival a few weeks ago. I found a fun, quirky little apron and my mom ended up purchasing it for me. It's as cute as can be! The fabric is bright and bold with butterflies and fuscia flowers. Plus it has great big heart shaped buttons on the top and pretty little lacey pockets on the front. So here it is:



And of course since we went to the Apple Festival I had to christen the apron by using it to bake an apple pie! Completely from scratch by the way! Which was exciting for me. Although to be honest with you it did have one major issue... um, I kind of had a little accident when sprinkling the sugar on the top--instead of looking like beautiful glitter sparkling on the shiny, warm crust... well it looked like someone didn't put enough milk on the crust and then accidently dumped half a shaker of sugar on it. Really, I just don't understand how that could have happened! ;o)
But the good news was that it was delicious!!!
I ate 3/4 of it by myself and the rest went to my dad.
I should have shared more, but no one was around that week and
the pie was just too dang tempting!!!
~Best Wishes!~

No comments: